Post by : Saif Nasser
British police have searched the home of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, once known as Prince Andrew, just one day after his dramatic arrest. The search marks another serious moment in a growing crisis for the royal family.
Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. He was questioned for nearly 11 hours before being released under investigation. This means he has not been charged, but the investigation is still ongoing.
The case centers on claims that he shared confidential trade information with the late financier Jeffrey Epstein. Epstein, a convicted sex offender, died by suicide in a New York jail in 2019. Mountbatten-Windsor has denied any wrongdoing connected to Epstein.
On Friday, officers searched Royal Lodge, his 30-room home near Windsor Castle. He had lived there for many years before being asked to leave earlier this month. Police are also reviewing his new residence at Sandringham, the private estate of his brother, King Charles III.
Unmarked police vehicles were seen entering the grounds, and officials said the search may last several days. Authorities are examining possible evidence linked to his time as the United Kingdom’s trade envoy.
Emails released last month by the U.S. Department of Justice appeared to show Mountbatten-Windsor sharing reports from official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Singapore with Epstein. There were also reports of a confidential brief related to investment opportunities in Afghanistan. Police have stated that this arrest is not related to earlier sexual abuse allegations involving Virginia Giuffre, who had claimed she was trafficked to Britain to meet him in 2001. She died by suicide last year.
Although he lost his royal titles and honors last October, Mountbatten-Windsor remains eighth in line to the British throne. Removing him from the line of succession would require new legislation. Government officials have said they are considering whether further steps are needed once the investigation is complete. The last time a royal was removed from the line of succession was in 1936, after King Edward VIII abdicated the throne.
Any change would also require agreement from other countries such as Canada and Australia, where the British monarch is head of state. Legal experts say that misconduct in public office is a serious charge and can be difficult to prove. Prosecutors must decide whether there is enough evidence for a realistic chance of conviction and whether it is in the public interest to bring charges.
If charged, Mountbatten-Windsor would become one of the most senior royals in modern history to face criminal proceedings. His arrest is already being described as one of the most serious challenges to the monarchy in decades. King Charles III has said that “the law must take its course” and declined to comment further.
The investigation is expected to take time. For now, Mountbatten-Windsor remains under investigation, neither charged nor cleared. The outcome could shape the future of the royal family and how it is viewed by the public. As events continue to unfold, the British public — and much of the world — will watch closely.
Mattel Revives Masters of the Universe Action Figures Ahead of Film Launch
Mattel is reintroducing Masters of the Universe figures in line with its upcoming film, tapping into
China Executes 11 Members of Criminal Clan Linked to Myanmar Scam
China has executed 11 criminals associated with the Ming family, known for major scams and human tra
US Issues Alarm to Iran as Military Forces Deploy in Gulf Region
With a significant military presence in the Gulf, Trump urges Iran to negotiate a nuclear deal or fa
Copper Prices Reach Unprecedented Highs Amid Geopolitical Turmoil
Copper prices soar to all-time highs as geopolitical tensions and a weakening dollar boost investor
New Zealand Secures First Win Against India, Triumph by 50 Runs
New Zealand won the 4th T20I against India by 50 runs in Vizag. Despite Dube's impressive 65, India